Monday, November 9, 2009

BEST OF BORDEAUX…Cont’d.

So many wonderful ways to enjoy Bordeaux – one of my favorite cities and wine regions in France.

I am excited to report that I met with a new contact there, a superb sommelier who will happily set up wine tastings for guests of any level. These can be arranged for 2 hours, a half day or even a full day. Contact Chocolatine.

Following is a short list of hotels, restaurants and vineyards I visited during my recent trip and highly recommend:

HOTELS:
Hotel Sources de Caudalie. I spent time with the hotel director here, sipping wine in the gorgeous garden…The hotel offers s totally unique experience surrounded by the Smith Haute Lafitte vineyards (pssst: largest wine cellar in the region!). Guests can enjoy five different types of accommodations; sumptuous spa treatments which blend the mineral waters of the local springs with grape extracts; and two excellent restaurants.

Le Logis de la Cadene – I also visited this lovely and traditional 18th-Century accommodation right in the heart of St. Emilion, perfect for those exploring the region but who also enjoy being in a small historic town.

DINING:
Café Lavinal, in Pauillac, is a great place for lunch (on the terrace in seasonal weather). For extraordinary baba au rhum pastries, visit the local boulangerie.

WINERIES (I visited several chateaux where we take clients, including):
•Chateau Mouton Rothschild
•Chateau Haut-Brion
•Chateau Pichon Longueville
•The Winery (a vineyard with a novel idea!)

PLANNING AHEAD: The 2010 Bordeaux Wine Festival, June 24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment