Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BEST OF BORDEAUX – PART III

NOTES FROM MY TRIP...
When I was in Bordeaux a few weeks ago, I researched some new places to share with clients traveling to this gorgeous city. Among them:

Endless Jazz at The Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux. We wrote about this hotel in an earlier blog (I can’t emphasize enough what a wonderful place it is. I highly recommend it after spending three nights here during my area visit). I want to mention an upcoming event here: The Endless Jazz Quartet, with Camélia Ben Naceur & Alain Coyral, will offer an atmospheric evening of exceptional music by an ensemble renowned for playing the many different kinds of jazz, from be-bop to blues.

Where: The Regent Grand Hotel, Place de la Comédie, Bordeaux
When: Friday, November 13. 9:30 p.m.
Contact: +33 5 57 30 44 44

Café Opéra – Grand Theatre de Bordeaux
Considered one of the most beautiful neo-classical buildings in Europe, the Grand Theater productions include both opera and ballet. Hour-long tours are available of the interior. I recommend having lunch at the Café Opéra inside the theater. The décor is lovely and the atmosphere reflects an old-world elegance. The menu includes a wide selection of creatively-prepared salads, fish and meat dishes at reasonable prices. You can also go just for pastry and coffee.
Grand Theatre, 2 Place de la Comédie

Next Week: More Bordeaux – vineyards, wine tasting, and great places to stay and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment